Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tarun Jain <tj...@yahoo.com> on 2011/12/13 17:15:41 UTC

CRUD on solr Index while replicating between master/slave

Hi,
When replication is happening between master to slave what operations can we do on the master & what operations are possible on the slave?
I know it is not adivisable to do DML on the slave index but I wanted to know this anyway. Also I understand that doing DML on a slave will make the slave index incompatible with the master.

Master
================
Search                              -->   Yes/No
Update/insert/delete docs    -->    Yes/No

Slave
=================
Search                              -->    Yes/No
Update/insert/delete docs    -->    Yes/No

Please share any other caveats that you have discovered regarding the above scenario that might be helpful.

Thanks
-=-

Re: CRUD on solr Index while replicating between master/slave

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Tarun,

Sounds like you should stop reindexing *everything*.  Just index deltas and you'll be in a much better shape.

Otis
----
Performance Monitoring SaaS for Solr - http://sematext.com/spm/solr-performance-monitoring/index.html

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.