Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2012/12/13 11:25:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] C3 tagging

Hi all,
I'd like to understand whether there is any particular reason behind the
way tags are created for C3 releases [1] by a dedicated script [2],
instead of letting the maven-release-plugin manage tags by following the
standard layout.

If there are no objections, I'd propose to empower the
maven-release-plugin for managing the whole C3 release process; I would
also like to update and move [3] to a dedicate page on the website.
All this to be proven and refined for upcoming 3.0.0-beta-1 release.

WDYT?

Regards.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/tags/
[2]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/tags/BEFORE_COCOON3-105/svn-release-tags.sh
[3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/RELEASE_HOWTO.txt

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] C3 tagging

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Definitively +1

I think part is inherited by the history - at the C3 early days, it
was the time when maven-release-plugin didn't really work well and
everybody wrote his own rant-blog-post about it.

It looks like that today things have changed and maven-release-plugin
is no longer in his beta-so-far-from-stable status, so no reason why
to not update.

Many thanks in advance for taking care of it!
All the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi