Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Dave Sunerton-Burl <da...@lledr-solutions.co.uk> on 2005/10/03 13:25:20 UTC

Kupu cache

This is a question which I hope someone can answer easily. I am using
Lenya 1.2.2 in a production environmnent and we are seeing an odd
problem. Kupu is pulling up an old version of one of the pages when
going in to edit it. Bitflux etc. opens up the correct (current) version
for editing. I'm sure this must be some kind of caching problem (where
else could it be getting the page from?) but I can't find how to clear
everything out.
Any hints greatly appreciated.
--
Dave Sunerton-Burl
Lledr Solutions

Re: Kupu cache

Posted by Jakob Svensson <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 10/4/05, Dave Sunerton-Burl <da...@lledr-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

> OK, I have added the action suggested by Josias into usecase-kupu.xmap....
>
> <map:act type="set-header">
> <!-- prevent caching in the browser -->
> <map:parameter name="Cache-Control" value="pre-check=0" />
> <map:parameter name="Expires" value="-1" />
> </map:act>
>
> ....to the "content" step in the kupu usecase (search for <map:match
> pattern="content" type="step">) just before the final <map:serialize
> type="html"/>. This solves the issue for us and Kupu always shows the
> latest version for editing. We're on Lenya 1.2.2.
>
> --
> Dave Sunerton-Burl
> Lledr Solutions
>
> Email : dave@lledr-solutions.co.uk
> Phone : +44 (0)1690 750446
> Web : www.lledr-solutions.com <http://www.lledr-solutions.com>

Cool! You're right, that solves the problem for me too both on IE and
Firefox with Lenya 1.2.4.

Cheers,
Jakob

Re: Kupu cache

Re: Kupu cache

Posted by Dave Sunerton-Burl <da...@lledr-solutions.co.uk>.
Jakob Svensson wrote:
> I don't think the Kupu problem is a problem with the browser cache,
> rather that a previous version of
> a content page is pulled out to Kupu.
>
> regards,
> Jakob
For us, it's definitely the browser cache - I just cleared out the
Firefox cache and the content is now correct in the Kupu editor. I'm
looking at getting the no cache header into the Kupu use case right now...

Re: Kupu cache

Posted by Jakob Svensson <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kupu cache

Posted by Josias Thoeny <jo...@wyona.com>.
Hi,

Re: Kupu cache

Posted by Jakob Svensson <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 10/3/05, Dave Sunerton-Burl <da...@lledr-solutions.co.uk> wrote:

> This is a question which I hope someone can answer easily. I am using
> Lenya 1.2.2 in a production environmnent and we are seeing an odd
> problem. Kupu is pulling up an old version of one of the pages when
> going in to edit it. Bitflux etc. opens up the correct (current) version
> for editing. I'm sure this must be some kind of caching problem (where
> else could it be getting the page from?) but I can't find how to clear
> everything out.
> Any hints greatly appreciated.
> --
> Dave Sunerton-Burl
> Lledr Solutions

I have the same problem. To me it seems to happen in the lenya.step open.
The changes I make are
properly saved. I use version 1.2.4.

Does this get affected by the configuration in the publication-sitemap.xmap,
and in that case, which parts?

regards,
Jakob Svensson