Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/29 02:44:52 UTC

[ACS44] KVM SystemVM template trouble

Tried helping Soeren Malchow on irc today, with a new ACS44 installation.

The docs referenced ACS43 system templates from January, but even by using
the late June ones that got uploaded after the heartbleed incident it still
does not work.

The error message is: "Unsupported major.minor version 51.0" which points
to wrong java version installed.

The systemvm template is installed with openjdk-6

Manually upgrading it to openjdk-7-jre-headless seems to do the trick, but
only lasts for systemvm's lifetime (and not new ones), and is no permanent
fix.

Before I file a bug, could anyone help test the same on other hypervisors?
I don't really have a lab available, so I can't easily test on a lot of
installations.

To be clear, I'm not sure if this happens for both upgrades and new
installations, so please try with a clean installation first.

A proper fix is to release a new systemvm template with openjdk-7 and
updating docs, but as of yet I don't know if it applies to all hypervisors
or only KVM.

Thanks,

Erik

Re: [ACS44] KVM SystemVM template trouble

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
given the move from java6 to j7; all

--
Daan

Re: [ACS44] KVM SystemVM template trouble

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 07/29/2014 02:44 AM, Erik Weber wrote:
> Tried helping Soeren Malchow on irc today, with a new ACS44 installation.
>
> The docs referenced ACS43 system templates from January, but even by using
> the late June ones that got uploaded after the heartbleed incident it still
> does not work.

Have you tried the 4.4 templates found here:
http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/systemvm/4.4/

Wido