Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Zhipeng Zhang <zh...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/01 03:10:48 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Flink ML Release 2.1.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #2 for the version 2.1.0 of
Apache Flink ML as follows:

[ ] +1, Approve the release

[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

**Testing Guideline**

You can find here [1] a page in the project wiki on instructions for
testing.

To cast a vote, it is not necessary to perform all listed checks, but please

mention which checks you have performed when voting.

**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:

a) Flink ML source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org

b) Flink ML Python source distributions to be deployed to PyPI

c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:

* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2],

which are signed with the key with fingerprint
0789F389E67ADDFA034E603FABF0C46E59C8941C [3]

* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [4]

Other links for your review:

* JIRA release notes [5]

* Source code tag "release-2.0.0-rc2" [6]

* PR to update the website Downloads page to include Flink ML links [7]

**Vote Duration**

The voting time will run for at least 72 hours.

It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,

Yun and Zhipeng

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Verifying+a+Flink+ML+Release

[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-ml-2.1.0-rc2/

[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS

[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1517/

[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12351141

[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-ml/releases/tag/release-2.1.0-rc2

[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/556

Re: [VOTE] Apache Flink ML Release 2.1.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Verified the following:
- verified the checksum and signature of the source and binary distribution
- built from source code without exception. (Some unit tests failed because
rocksdb doesn't work well with the Apple silicon).
- checked the source jar and it does not contain any binary files.
- verified the pom files and the flink-ml versions are updated.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

From:Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>
Send Time:2022 Jul. 5 (Tue.) 14:45