Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/26 15:44:54 UTC

Update to HC Parent 7 not followed through to httpcore poms; breaks 4.3-RC build

HC parent 7 renamed some maven.compile.* properties.

When child poms were switched to the new parent, they were supposed to
be updated as well.
This does not seem to have happened for httpcore trunk.

I can fix the poms, but it looks like the 4.3-RC2 release is broken,
as there are several references to maven.compile.source which does not
resolve.

The 4.2.5-RC2 poms seem to be OK, because they retained local
definitions of maven.compile.*

The trunk poms can also be tidied up; there don't need to be local
overrides of the maven compiler configuration any more, as all of HC
uses the same source/target settings.

Re: Update to HC Parent 7 not followed through to httpcore poms; breaks 4.3-RC build

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 15:25 +0100, sebb wrote:
> On 26 July 2013 14:59, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 14:44 +0100, sebb wrote:
> >> HC parent 7 renamed some maven.compile.* properties.
> >>
> >> When child poms were switched to the new parent, they were supposed to
> >> be updated as well.
> >> This does not seem to have happened for httpcore trunk.
> >>
> >> I can fix the poms, but it looks like the 4.3-RC2 release is broken,
> >> as there are several references to maven.compile.source which does not
> >> resolve.
> >>

> > If you fix the poms I could cut another RC this weekend.
>
> I'm working on that now.
>
> > Can we nonetheless proceed with 4.2.5 and finally put the 4.2.x branch
> > into inactive mode?
>
> I'm still looking at 4.2.5
> Have not found any major issues so far.
>
> However compiler deprecations are enabled, so compilation is very noisy.
>
> It's odd that 4.3 disables deprecations (even though there should be
> hardly any) wheres 4.2.5 enables them.

Sebastian,

How long do you think you might need?

Oleg

Re: Update to HC Parent 7 not followed through to httpcore poms; breaks 4.3-RC build

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.