Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by stanlick <st...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/02 17:40:51 UTC

Changing log level generates NPE

I added a file appender last night and set all logging to DEBUG.  Today I
started getting a NullPointerException at runtime.  I isolated the but to
the XWorkMapPropertyAccessor class where

    public void setProperty(Map context, Object target, Object name, Object
value) throws OgnlException {
        if (LOG.isDebugEnabled()) {
     		LOG.debug("Entering
setProperty("+context+","+target+","+name+","+value+")");
     	}

does not test the concatenated args against null.  I can avoid the bug by
modifying my log4j.properties, but this was a real brainteaser to discover.

Peace,
Scott