Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Guangxian Zou <tr...@163.com> on 2005/12/21 14:24:05 UTC

when apache FOP will full support font-family lists and font-selection-strategy ?

hi ,
  thanks fop developers. :) i am using fop to translate xml to fo and then
to pdf. :) I want to mixing chinese and english font, when print/render
english use english font, and when print/render chinese character use
chinese font. :) but I don't know how to do that in the current fop version
(0.20.5).
   can you give me some advice ? thanks.

--
zouguangxian

Re: when apache FOP will full support font-family lists and font-selection-strategy ?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Both properties are not fully implemented even in the latest release FOP
0.90alpha1. Either you have to place either the Chinese or the English
text in fo:inlines and specify the different fonts on the inlines or if
you have a TrueType font that supports both Chinese and English
characters you can have them mixed. The other option is to help us
implement font-selection-strategy and font-family lists.

On 21.12.2005 14:24:05 Guangxian Zou wrote:
> hi ,
>   thanks fop developers. :) i am using fop to translate xml to fo and then
> to pdf. :) I want to mixing chinese and english font, when print/render
> english use english font, and when print/render chinese character use
> chinese font. :) but I don't know how to do that in the current fop version
> (0.20.5).
>    can you give me some advice ? thanks.

Jeremias Maerki