Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mike Young <mi...@e-mage.com.au> on 2004/06/22 05:35:26 UTC

Instance broker doesn't pick up default user & password

I have the following connection definition in my repository :
    <jdbc-connection-descriptor
   		jcd-alias="csheta_db"
   		default-connection="true"
   		platform="Oracle"
   		jdbc-level="2.0"
		driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" protocol="jdbc"
		subprotocol="oracle"
		dbalias="thin:@marvel:1521:mces"
   		username="username"
   		password="password"
                eager-release="false"
   		batch-mode="false"
                useAutoCommit="1"
                ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"/>

If I try to select a broker using the standard method using a jcdalias as
follows
:
      PBKey pbKey = new PBKey("csheta_db"); broker =
      PersistenceBrokerFactory.createPersistenceBroker(pbKey);

when I trace the code it doesn't pick up the username and password from
the default connection and thus a broker is not created.

However, if I use the following method:

      broker = PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();

I am able to obtain a broker.

Has anybody any thoughts or suggestions as to why the standard method
using a jcdalias is not working?

Re: Instance broker doesn't pick up default user & password

Posted by Mike Young <mi...@e-mage.com.au>.
I have sorted this issue out I am developing using eclipse and eclipse
had not deployed the latest version of my repository.xml file to my tomcat
container.