Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Rocky Raccoon <rr...@bigfoot.com> on 2000/05/04 22:37:51 UTC

DoEscapes

Hi,
    In the DomPrint example there is a command line option
-NoEscape

What exactly does this do ?
Can someone give me an example of what will be different if set this
option ?

Re: DoEscapes

Posted by Michael Mason <mg...@decisionsoft.com>.
Rocky Raccoon wrote:

> Hi,
>     In the DomPrint example there is a command line option
> -NoEscape
>
> What exactly does this do ?
> Can someone give me an example of what will be different if set this
> option ?

If escaping is turned on, output of characters like & and < will be
replaced by &amp; and &lt; etc. Turning on escaping also slows the thing
down *lots*, though. The DOMPrint C++ output code (overloads of <<,
mainly) shows how this escaping works.

Mike.

--
Mike Mason, Software Engineer
XML Script Development Team                    Office: 44-1865-203192