Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Rajeev <rl...@devfoundry.com> on 2006/02/24 10:21:45 UTC

Extended the RollingFileAppender to create folders for Archiving the Log files

Hello,

    I have extended the functionality of RollingFileAppender.cs to create
"Archiving of the Log files". What I mean by this is that, I create folders
based on a property called "ArchievalInterval". The folders can be created
daily, weekly or monthly. The format of the folder is "yyyyMMdd".
    I also create a folder by the name of the project(within the above
folder), which is using the Log4Net for logging. This is in case if the same
path is used by more than one Projects to save their logs.

    I have also incorporated the concept of "PurgeDays". This is the number
of days, after which the Log files and the folders are deleted(only those
which are older than the "PurgeDays").

    There are a number of modifications also in the working of Log4Net that
I have done according to my need.

I have not changed any existing code, rather I have created another class
file "RollingFileAppenderEx.cs" and added my functionality.

Please suggest how can I send my code to the Log4net developer community for
review.

Regards,
Rajeev Lella.