Posted to dev@seatunnel.apache.org by 陈卓宇 <mo...@apache.org> on 2023/04/07 09:53:16 UTC

Discuss whether the `partition` parameter of the kafka sink linker can be removed.

A user recently gave feedback about a kafkaSink exception that could not be
written [https://github.com/apache/incubator-seatunnel/issues/4498], and I
set out to track down the problem.
By reading the source code, I found that the error was reported because the
`parameter` parameter filled in by the user was not in the range of the
real partition number of the specified topic, but the program did not
report an explicit exception.
Later, I communicated with the user what the intent of configuring this
parameter was, and he said: he copied the official website example. I then
felt that there is no scenario to send data to the specified partition, why
not remove this parameter Remove this function

Re: Discuss whether the `partition` parameter of the kafka sink linker can be removed.

Posted by hailin0 <wa...@apache.org>.
+1

陈卓宇 <mo...@apache.org> 于2023年4月7日周五 17:53写道:

Posted by 陈卓宇 <mo...@apache.org>.
Supplementary:https://github.com/apache/incubator-seatunnel/pull/4513

陈卓宇 <mo...@apache.org> 于2023年4月7日周五 19:00写道:

Posted by JUN GAO <ga...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure. After deleting the partition parameter, how do users specify
which specific partition to send data to?

JUN GAO <ga...@apache.org> 于2023年4月10日周一 15:30写道:

--

Best Regards

EricJoy2048
gaojun2048@gmail.com

Re: Discuss whether the `partition` parameter of the kafka sink linker can be removed.

Posted by JUN GAO <ga...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by hailin0 <wa...@apache.org>.

Posted by 陈卓宇 <mo...@apache.org>.