Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Olivier Heintz <ho...@ofbizextra.org> on 2016/11/23 16:41:21 UTC

Using Gradle in eclipse

I'm trying to load ofbiz project in eclipse and declare it as a gradle
but it generate a lot of sub-project and error in java build.

My process :
1) download ofbiz
2) ./gradlew eclipse
3) open eclipse (Neon Java default config) in a new workspace,
4) import existing project
ofbiz is recognize as a java project and there is no error
5) button configure as gradle project

=> it generate one project by component
=> if generate error in build in Project and External Dependencies
(org.eclipse.buildship.core.gradleclasspathcontainer)
   application(missing)

------
I have read the jira OFBIZ-7779
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-7779>
but I have not found what I'm not doing correctly ...

Re: Using Gradle in eclipse

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Okay, so I guess you'd like to run gradle inside eclipse. This sort of
reminds me of the days when I ran OFBiz directly inside eclipse which had
multiple disadvantages (relying on eclipse environment, might rely on a
different JVM and other entanglements to eclipse). So in general I would
always prefer a clean independent environment.

With that being said, modifying the .project file is relatively easy using
the eclipse plugin. You can find the exact section in here ->
https://docs.gradle.org/current/userguide/eclipse_plugin.html#sec:eclipse_customizing_the_generated_files

Also, if you look in build.gradle at the section where the .classpath file
is generated you'll notice that it is tailored to our needs. You can use
this section as a reference as well. Please tell me if I can help in any
way, or if you'd like to discuss this some more on HipChat's community room
perhaps.

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb.

Re: Using Gradle in eclipse

Posted by Olivier Heintz <ho...@ofbizextra.org>.
Hi Taher,

Having OFBiz project declare as a gradle project in eclipse is useful to
see all gradle task and be able to run it.
With these modifications it's the case.

It's not an important point and gradle --gui (even if it less clear) is
usable.

Olivier

Le 25/11/2016 � 19:58, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Re: Using Gradle in eclipse

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Re: Using Gradle in eclipse