Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Peter S. Morris" <ps...@rmanet.com> on 2003/05/19 21:11:03 UTC

GenJar and inner classes.

Hi -

I want to use the external ant task GenJar to create an applet jar with
dependent classes. I am running into problems with inner classes having
the '$' character in them (outerclass$innerclass). Here is my target.

	<target name="jar" depends="build">
		<genjar jarfile="${dist}/gage.jar">
			<class>
				<fileset dir="${classes}">
					<include name="**/*.class"/>
				</fileset>
			</class>
		</genjar>
	</target>

The innerclasses are in the ${classes} directory tree. When genjar tries
to include them it gives me the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: gage/AppletLoginJDialog$ActionL.class
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.genjar.GenJar.generateClassDepend
ancies(GenJar.java:716)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.genjar.GenJar.generateDependancie
s(GenJar.java:691)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.genjar.ClassSpec.resolve(ClassSpe
c.java:204)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.genjar.GenJar.execute(GenJar.java
:207)

I searched through the ant user list archive and could not find a
solution to my problem. Are there any suggestions on how to fix this?

Peter
psmorris@rmanet.com