Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "sreekantan, vijay" <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/09 22:26:26 UTC

type mapping that maps to java.lang.Integer and some arbitrary namespace

Short synopsis of what I am trying to do.
I have an interface which has some static int fields. I am trying to send this across an Axis WS interface. (The int field values.)

And these int fields have their own xml namepace (basically an XML type), which is defined as a simple type with a restriction of xsd:int in the WSDL.

 <typeMapping
   xmlns:strns="urn:Process1"
   qname="strns:Structure1"
   type="java:java.lang.Integer"
   deserializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializerFactory"
   serializer="org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleSerializerFactory"
   encodingStyle=""
 />

When I try to add a mapping like the one shown above, it works fine for this int field.

But it uses the same namespace when serializing other simple int values that are of type xsd:int, it serializes them with the xml type listed in the above mapping.

I feel this is a bug in the TypeMappingImpl class, which really does not keep a sf and df for a unique combination of a xmlType and javaType.

Has anybody else experienced this problem.

If so, please pass along some information

Vijay