Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Walid Aljoby <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2016/06/21 10:07:02 UTC

Setup Apache Storm for single machine

Hi all,
Could anyone provide me reliable and experienced way to setup Apache Storm on a single machine?
Thank You
--Regards
WA

Re: Setup Apache Storm for single machine

Posted by Rama Nallamilli <re...@gmail.com>.
I would recommend going down the Docker container route to run locally, its
isolated and reproducable, there is an example of somebody doing something
similar here:
https://github.com/wurstmeister/storm-docker

Personally we have built our own docker images/docker compose that runs the
whole cluster locally using one command, including any extras such as
kafka, graphite/grafana if you are using monitoring etc, and shuts it down
at the end but its not open source at the moment, hoping to move it soon.

Posted by Manal Helal <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Kind Regards,

Manal Helal

Re: Setup Apache Storm for single machine

Posted by Joaquin Menchaca <jm...@gobalto.com>.
I made a sample storm repo on 0.10.0:
https://github.com/darkn3rd/storm-vagrant
There's some docs in there that might be useful.  For writing code, don't
know.

--

是故勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。

Re: Setup Apache Storm for single machine

Posted by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Walid,

Posted by cogumelosmaravilha <co...@sapo.pt>.