Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Miguel Figueiredo <ol...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/12 23:05:40 UTC

Regular expressions with repetition range operator

Hi,

I am having problems with a simple email validation regular expression in a
form, with Tapestry 5.3.6.

The regular expression is the following:

^[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,6}$

Apparently the repetition range operator at the end doesn't work. I get the
following error:

Render queue error in BeginRender[Signup:email]: Failure reading parameter
'validate' of component Signup:email: Unexpected character '6' at position
63 of input string:
required,regexp=^[a-zA-Z0-9._%+-]+@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]+\.[a-zA-Z]{2,6}$

Any hints on how to make this work?

Best regards,
Miguel

--
Miguel Figueiredo
Software Developer

"I'm a pretty lazy person and am prepared to work quite hard in order to
avoid work."
-- Martin Fowler