Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by aswath narayana <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/26 08:18:21 UTC

ofbiz with gmail settings

Hello,
I am setting up OFBiz with gmail on my development machine.
The first step is I configured the entries in the general.properties.
Then I want to test the email communication.  I did the following.

Log on to the admin
Click on the Party tab
Click on the Communications
Click on the 'New email' tab

Then, I get the screen 'Create/Add Email to Party From '
The first field 'Email address' shows a empty drop down.

1. Is that a bug?  what should it be displayed.

2.How can I test my gmail setup?

Following are my email setting in the
framework/common/config/general.properties

Thanks.
Aswath
# -- mail notifications enabled (Y|N)
mail.notifications.enabled=N

# -- redirect all mail notifications to this address for testing
#mail.notifications.redirectTo=

# -- the default mail server to use
mail.smtp.relay.host=smtp.gmail.com

# -- SMTP Auth settings
mail.smtp.auth.user=aswath.satrasala@gmail.com
mail.smtp.auth.password=xxxxxx

# -- Additional Required Fields needed for Gmail and other non traditional
smtp servers
# -- These added fields also work for Yahoo business mail for instance
# -- Gmail smtp port can be either 465 or 587
mail.smtp.port=465
# -- Gmail requires StartTLS
mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true

Re: ofbiz with gmail settings

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Try this link:
http://localhost:8080/ecommerce/products/PROMOTIONS/p_GZ-2644
Then
Click on the tell a friend link, fill up the email address and then
submit the form.

If you will send email on Yahoo account to test then it will come in the
spam FYI.

Rest comments inline:

--
Ashish

aswath narayana wrote:
> Hello,
> I am setting up OFBiz with gmail on my development machine.
> The first step is I configured the entries in the general.properties.
> Then I want to test the email communication.  I did the following.
>
> Log on to the admin
> Click on the Party tab
> Click on the Communications
> Click on the 'New email' tab
>
> Then, I get the screen 'Create/Add Email to Party From '
> The first field 'Email address' shows a empty drop down.
>
> 1. Is that a bug?  what should it be displayed.
>
> 2.How can I test my gmail setup?
>
> Following are my email setting in the
> framework/common/config/general.properties
>
> Thanks.
> Aswath
> # -- mail notifications enabled (Y|N)
> mail.notifications.enabled=N

Change it to Y
> # -- redirect all mail notifications to this address for testing
> #mail.notifications.redirectTo=
>
> # -- the default mail server to use
> mail.smtp.relay.host=smtp.gmail.com
>
> # -- SMTP Auth settings
> mail.smtp.auth.user=aswath.satrasala@gmail.com
> mail.smtp.auth.password=xxxxxx
>
> # -- Additional Required Fields needed for Gmail and other non traditional
> smtp servers
> # -- These added fields also work for Yahoo business mail for instance
> # -- Gmail smtp port can be either 465 or 587
> mail.smtp.port=465

Enable other line too.
mail.smtp.socketFactory.class=javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory