Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mike Whittaker <mi...@ntlworld.com> on 2003/05/27 17:09:37 UTC

Filtering all parameters

What would be the best 'Struts way' to filter all request parameters?

subclass RequestProcessor's processPopulate() method, get the requests
parameterMap, modify it and call the super.processPopulate() ?

--
Mike W

RE: Filtering all parameters

Posted by Mike Whittaker <mi...@ntlworld.com>.

>What would be the best 'Struts way' to filter all request parameters?
>
>subclass RequestProcessor's processPopulate() method, get the requests
>parameterMap, modify it and call the super.processPopulate() ?

Okay ignore that, that would be daft, as I full well know and am just having
a momentary thick moment.

If I did that then my ActionForm would not contain what the client entered.

I need to do this but after any posibility of validate being called has
passed and then repopulate the ActionForm with a map that will represent my
filtered request parameters.

Does that sound okay, sensible? what is the best way to achieve this?

--
Mike W