Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Tony Heal <th...@pace2020.com> on 2006/11/20 19:03:58 UTC

debian start up

I am having problems getting continuum (v1.0.3) to start on a debian (sarge
v3.1) system. If the server is restarted continuum tries to start up, but
receives a shutdown signal from something I can not find. After I log back
in I can start up continuum without any problems at all. Has anyone had any
issues with the server start process?

Tony

RE: debian start up

Posted by Tony Heal <th...@pace2020.com>.
Good call! No it was not. The strange part of this issue was that JAVA_HOME
was set in the default user profile, so when you logged onto the system
JAVA_HOME got set and everything worked fine. I added this to the init
script /etc/init.d/continuum and that fixed it.

JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_03
export JAVA_HOME

Thanks

Tony

> I am having problems getting continuum (v1.0.3) to start on a debian
(sarge
> v3.1) system. If the server is restarted continuum tries to start up, but
> receives a shutdown signal from something I can not find. After I log back
> in I can start up continuum without any problems at all. Has anyone had
any
> issues with the server start process?

Is JAVA_HOME available as a variable when the script tries to start
continuum?

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com