Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "John E. Conlon" <jc...@verticon.com> on 2007/02/09 18:18:45 UTC

Specifying Plugin Repos

I broke the mina core build the other day by adding a plugin to the
project but without specifying a version for the plugin.   Sorry,  if I
would have removed my local repo and tested again I would have saw my
error.  :-[

Just committed that fix and re-enabled the plugin, (and it did test good
this time) ... but  in order not to break portability for the mina core
project again, I want to confirm the conventions for specifying plugin
repos for Mina.

Do we expect mina builders as a convention to specify the pluginRepos in
their settings.xml like -

<pluginRepository>
      <id>apache.snapshots</id>
      <name>Apache Snapshot Plugin Repository</name>
      <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </pluginRepository>
 </pluginRepositories>

If this convention is not expected of mina builders then we will need to
add this specification to the parent pom.xml in the base trunk directory
in order to find the apache felix plugin that is now reactivated.

kind regards,
John

Re: Specifying Plugin Repos

Posted by "John E. Conlon" <jc...@verticon.com>.
Steven E. Harris wrote:
> "John E. Conlon" <jc...@verticon.com> writes:
>

>> I broke the mina core build the other day by adding a plugin to the
>> project but without specifying a version for the plugin.
>>

> Weird, I just noticed a similar problem (and conclusion) earlier this
> week over on the Apache Felix project:
>
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/felix-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03747.html

Not so weird Steven. (Perhaps it is double weird?)

When I  encountered a similar problem at org.slf4j earlier in the week,
I thought it best to check out the felix list. Heck I didn't even have
to search the list because your email was the one that came up as unread!

This morning I updated mina and noticed the problem.

thanks
John

Re: Specifying Plugin Repos

Posted by "Steven E. Harris" <se...@panix.com>.

--
Steven E. Harris

Re: Specifying Plugin Repos

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Forgot to send it to dev@mina.

2007-02-14 (수), 18:50 +0900, Trustin Lee 쓰시길:

http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6