Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Paul Cavallaro <pa...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/30 23:40:55 UTC

Documentation For Writing ZooKeeper Client

Hello,

I'm trying to find documentation about the ZooKeeper protocol from the
perspective of a client talking to a server cluster. Is there a suggested
place to find that kind of documentation, or would I be better off just
reading other client's source code?

Thanks,

-Paul

Re: Documentation For Writing ZooKeeper Client

Posted by Paul Cavallaro <pa...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, thank you for all the pointers. I'll try to contribute back
documentation as I learn more about how the client <-> server protocol
works. Doing a little bit of digging, it looks like jute is a ZooKeeper
specific IDL (similar to Thrift/ProtocolBuffers/CapnProto), so I'll take a
look at that and the surrounding code.

Thanks,

-Paul

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure what level you're after, but there is this diagram on zookeeper sessions:

http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkSessions <http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkSessions>

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
> I'm trying to find documentation about the ZooKeeper protocol from the
> perspective of a client talking to a server cluster. Is there a suggested
> place to find that kind of documentation, or would I be better off just
> reading other client's source code?
I've never seen nor heard of such a document, so reading the source
code is probably your best option.

-Ivan