Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anand Raman <ar...@sapient.com> on 2003/04/21 10:45:48 UTC

Unable to access properties like maven.gen.docs maven.docs.dest

hi guys

I am trying to build my project using maven. To give you guys a little context, the project consists of a many modular services. So far I have been able to compile and generate documentation for all the services.

To merge the documentations I run the xdoc goal on the project home directory with a preGoal defined. My maven.xml looks somewhat like this

<goal name="assemble-document"
    description="Assembles the document, by aggregating the project documentation with the module documentation ">

    <!-- generate the main site documentation -->
    <attainGoal name="xdoc"/>

</goal>

<!-- Use this goal to copy all the generated documentation to the main doc build directory -->
<preGoal name="xdoc:init">
    <echo> OKIE I AM HERE.. DO YOU COPY ${maven.gen.docs} ${maven.docs.dest} </echo>

    <!-- create the plugins home page -->
    <mkdir dir="${maven.gen.docs}/modules/"/>

    ...blah...
    ...blah...
</preGoal>

maven appropriately delegates control to the pregoal, however I am unable to access properties like maven.gen.docs

What could be the reason.

Anyhelp will be appreciated.

Thanks
anand