Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/26 10:03:12 UTC

Verbose path for combined javascript

Hi!

The path to the aggregated javascript included on the page by T5 looks like
this:

/assets/virtual/
H4sIAAAAAAAAAJXQUWrDMAyAYTPY065RyhjUTrdlawc9S3AcOVOb2MZSRtMz7Wq7w$002bJAAn1J6ZsR3y8b$002f$002f6Jx4sQD1II8SRelCYCJkUmYmBtusZ3pHK5lZnMVYiePfcB5JGEXLZX0$002bSflz1YC4ZHuZok6wDEsZ$002fRNEhqPamy0eZUYqxmNk$002bS29zctmmBSNcwXv41cR2CejfG7t8$002bqizf63L3OvxAYupIypygQvZxPqT2877WeGexTuFuMTS$002bDd6B47GGH4g9f6Mby8MdJUJwtcVzwdhAWd9$002bcYtndKQuw4qiC5VmiMW2yIbwH4zpiYQ3AgAA.js

This causes problems on some appservers. Specifically, JK connector for IIS
chokes on this and won't deliver the scripts to the client, due to the very
long url. We had to turn off script combination for this customer.

Is it possible to use a shorter url? I realize that there probably is a
reason for this url, but does it REALLY have to be THAT long? :)

Re: Verbose path for combined javascript

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
He also managed to hijack the subject of my thread :)

The subject here is that the path for combined javascript is too long for
some server configurations.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olle Hallin <ol...@hit.se>.
BTW, the source and javascript for Tapestry is as always in the Maven repo.

Olle Hallin
Senior Java Developer and Architect
olle.hallin@crisp.se
www.crisp.se

Posted by Olle Hallin <ol...@hit.se>.

Posted by Argo Vilberg <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Argo Vilberg <wi...@gmail.com>.
Just use

Posted by cordenier christophe <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This is because it contains all the URLs of the Asset to get prefixed by the
number of elements, all is written in a ObjectOutputStream and URL Encoded

I think that it may be possible to override the default behavior by
implementing a custom DocumentLinkerImpl, and override the
addScriptLinksForIncludedScripts method to implement your own virtualization
mechanism, for exemple by using a hash of the string cached in a map to
recover the original URL...

Regards
Christophe.