Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Thomas Muller <tt...@online.no> on 2004/06/10 12:28:06 UTC

Remote logging over HTTP

Log4j freaks,

Just wanted to share a couple of classes I've coded for remote logging
over HTTP. I noticed that HTTPAppender used to be part of the API some
versions ago, but this one used a non-serialization tehcnique to
transfer the LoggingEvents.

The code is poorly documented but should be self-explanatory. I've used
ideas/code from org.apache.net's SocketAppender/SocketNode/SocketServer
without scruple.

Feel free to use/demolish/disregard.

Thomas

Re: Remote logging over HTTP

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Thomas,

The attachments did not make it. Pelase try sending your message to log4j-dev.

--
Ceki Gülcü