Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org> on 2010/08/09 17:18:58 UTC

HTML 5 Tags

What are the group's opinions on providing support for HTML 5 tags? I
definitely want to do this for Struts 1 and am willing to do it for Struts 2
as well. My only hesitation is knowing when is the correct time for
implementation. I don't think we can wait for W3C "approval" because that is
like a-near-decade in the making.

Paul

Re: HTML 5 Tags

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
I don't think we should treat HTML 5 as a separate theme. I recommend
it just be HTML.

Paul

Re: HTML 5 Tags

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Re: HTML 5 Tags

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
I think this is a great idea...

I think in Struts2, we could start by creating either a plugin which
includes freemarker templates for the tags, or simply starting an
"html5" theme in core.

-Wes

--
Wes Wannemacher