Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/04/18 09:10:14 UTC

locale issue with seed site demo

Gav... wrote:

> <quote who="Ferdinand Soethe">
> > Just did a bit of research in the locale issue with seed side:
> >
> > Turning off project.i18n (to false) in forrest.properties would fix the
> > issue in both static and dynamic versions of the seed side.
> >
> > Any chance to change that in the release or is that a nono without doing
> > an RC3?
>
> I think it is way to late to change that now, see Davids SVN commits today.

Yep, explained in the other reply.

Would someone please describe the issue in our Jira.

> There are issues in the tracker regarding i18n, some of it has been
> started but related issues not followed up, so I agree these if possible
> should be sorted for the next 0.9 release.

Recently various people have worked on i18n.
See the dev list for discussion about changing
the seed site demo.

See localhost:8888/samples/i18n.html
which also refers to some of the list discussion
via FOR-707.

The demo and documentation need to be enhanced.

As Gavin said, there are some outstanding issues
in Jira, see the Component: Internationalisation (i18n).

-David