Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Lionel Cons <li...@cern.ch> on 2011/01/10 10:33:28 UTC

Apollo & SSL problems

Hiram Chirino writes:
 > Ok just tried across hosts and still get the same results.  You sure
 > you running against a recent build?  I know there was a bug similar to
 > that a little while back.

Hiram,

Here is what my colleague (in CC) found:

 | I think the source code which needs attention is:
 |
 | http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/activemq-apollo/trunk/apollo-tcp/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/apollo/transport/tcp/SslTransport.java
 |
 | That is in the server's code so probably the apollo developers you are
 | in contact with will be able to look at it directly. I believe the
 | problem is when the server is sending data as a part of the SSL
 | handshake and not all of the data is sent to the channel during a call
 | of secure_write() (via that method's call to flush()). I expect the
 | apollo developer will be able to follow up on it; if they have any
 | queries about what I checked you can put them in contact with me.

I hope this helps. Feel free to contact David for more information.

Cheers,

Lionel

Re: Apollo & SSL problems

Posted by Lionel Cons <li...@cern.ch>.
Hiram Chirino writes:
 > Been reviewing the code again, and I still don't spot anything
 > obvious.  Any chance I can get access to the systems were your able to
 > reproduce this on?  Perhaps with a couple of extra debugging
 > statements on a few test runs I can figure out whats going on.

This would be non trivial (security rules here, firewall...).

OTOH, I can esily reproduce this with different settings and send you
the results/logs.

Cheers,

Lionel

Re: Apollo & SSL problems

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Been reviewing the code again, and I still don't spot anything
obvious.  Any chance I can get access to the systems were your able to
reproduce this on?  Perhaps with a couple of extra debugging
statements on a few test runs I can figure out whats going on.

Regards,
Hiram

FuseSource
Web: http://fusesource.com/