Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net> on 2007/05/16 01:52:27 UTC

collation question

Once I have a database, how can I tell whether the collation is
TERRITORY_BASED and what the territory is?

Kathey

Re: collation question

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
Kathey,

Following sql should return either UCS_BASIC or TERRITORY_BASED and that
will tell the collation of the database.
VALUES SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_DATABASE_PROPERTY('derby.database.collation');

As for the territory, there might be a similar call to get the territory.
Does anyone know of the property for the territory?

Mamta