Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Niranjan Rao <nh...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/10 01:34:09 UTC

[users@httpd] Configuring proxy pass

Greetings,

Server version: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu).

I am trying to configure proxy pass and combination rewrite rules and
can't get it write. Please help me if possible.

I have used proxypass module many times, but this is the first time I am
trying to configure it in such a way.

I have two environments - say qa and sandbox. Same applications get
deployed on end servers, just the environment is different. I have
defined two clusters and have following lines in my config.

RewriteRule "/qa/(.*)" "balancer://qacluster/$1" [p]
ProxyPassReverse "/qa" "balancer://qacluster"
ProxyPass "/qa" "balancer://qacluster"

A request to /qa/myapp/ does end where it supposed to end. Problem
starts when app tries to redirect or when end server creates links. The
links are /app/link and not /qa/app/link as end server is not aware of
the environment.

I want to have same setup exactly same (minus environment at the
beginning of the url) for both environment, I am not sure how to proceed
and rewrite the link as link does not have any indication. It's
basically tomcat servlet context path.

Is there any way set this up?

Thanks,

Niranjan