Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by resign <se...@yahoo.de> on 2013/01/22 09:29:03 UTC

T5.2.6 AJAX Select with 3 select lists

hi,
i have a problem to build following example page.

i have 3 select lists, which contains "COUNTRY", "CAR-BRAND", "CAR-MODEL".
With AJAX i want to build a kind of dynamic select.

* user selects "COUNTRY" - in the select list "CAR-BRAND" are some car brand
loaded.
* user selects "CAR-BRAND" - in the list "CAR-MODEL" are some models loaded.

Like this one:
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/select1
but with 3 select lists.

Is it possible?

I use Tapestry 5.2.6 with Tapestry5-jQuery

Thanks,
resign

Re: T5.2.6 AJAX Select with 3 select lists

Posted by resign <se...@yahoo.de>.
:-)

did i.

I took example from here:
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/select1

And copied it 1:1 into my page, as result the error message you see.

>> "The ... component must be enclosed by a Form component."

It looks like this:

<t:fom .......>

  <t:select id="FIRST_SELECT".... t:zone="zoneA" />

  <t:zone t:id="zoneA">
      <t:select id="SECOND_SELECT" ...... t:zone="zoneB" />
  </t:zone>

  <t:zone t:id="zoneB">
      <t:select id="THIRD_SELECT" ...... />
  </t:zone>

</t:form.......>

Following should work:
 user changes value of  FIRST_SELECT  - SECOND_SELECT "reloads" with new
values

BUT IT DIDN'T!
:-(

greetings,
resign

Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo wrote

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by resign <se...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Geoff,

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
And here's an example for a more complex situation, where a Select's list depends on the value of two or more other values in the page:

	http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/selectdependency1

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Here's a fresh example.

Posted by Bob Harner <bo...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
Why should it not be possible ? Have you tried it and faced problems with
it ?