Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/03/01 21:55:36 UTC

[VOTE] [BlazeDS] Release of Apache BlazeDS 4.7.0 RC2

Hi guys,

As I won't have time to do so in the next few days, I decided to spin a new RC today. I just staged the second RC for BlazeDS 4.7.0. It is available at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflex-1005/

This version is a parity release to Adobe BlazeDS 4.6.0.0 and the only major changes were applied to the test-suite to make it self sufficient and not rely on any manually installed BlazeDS servers being available.

In contrast to the RC1:

-          the version number is now 4.7.0 instead of 4.7.0.0 (now matching our normal version scheme)

-          I fixed some minor issues in the NOTICE and Readmes

-          Now also a tar.gz version of the source archive is published too.

Hope this one goes out smoothly ;-)

Chris

AW: [RESULT] [VOTE] [BlazeDS] Release of Apache BlazeDS 4.7.0 RC2

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok .. and I had to do it again as it had to be send from an @apache.org email ;-)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] [BlazeDS] Release of Apache BlazeDS 4.7.0 RC2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I'll set the staging repo to "release" right away. What else do I have to do now?

- Publish the files to  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flex/ (via SVN) [1]
- Update web site with release info
- Wait 24 hours (for mirrors to catchup) then make an official announcement

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#upload-ci

[RESULT] [VOTE] [BlazeDS] Release of Apache BlazeDS 4.7.0 RC2

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi guys.

Thanks :-)

The vote passed with 3 +1 votes and no others.

I'll set the staging repo to "release" right away. What else do I have to do now?
Send an announcement to the dev- and user-list ... send one to the announce apache list and publish the source archives somewhere ... could you please tell me how to do the last? I never done that and would like to do it myself.

Chris

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
+1

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.