Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Vanlerberghe, Luc" <Lu...@bvdep.com> on 2005/02/11 13:25:24 UTC

KeywordAnalyzer split into KeywordTokenizer/KeywordAnalyzer

Hi all,

I found Erik's KeywordAnalyzer very useful (I had just written a similar
but more limited one a few hours before him) but I wanted a
KeywordTokenizer that I would then be able to use in different
circumstances more easily (E.g. chain it to a LowercaseFilter)

So I took the liberty to modify his code into a KeywordTokenizer and let
the KeywordAnalyzer return an instance of it.
It also solves the problem that the original KeywordAnalyzer never
closed its Reader (TokenStream.close() was called implicitly, but that
has an empty implementation)

What is the proper way to sumbit this?
I attached a diff that should be applied in
contrib/analyzers/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis
Should I submit it as an attachment to a Bugzilla report instead?

Luc

 <<KeywordAnalyzer.diff>>

Re: KeywordAnalyzer split into KeywordTokenizer/KeywordAnalyzer

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Luc,

Good point about the Reader close issue - I should have subclassed
Tokenizer instead of TokenStream.  Oops!

I just made the split and committed.  Any issues with this one?

	Erik