Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "K.A.Hussain Ali" <Hu...@photoninfotech.com> on 2005/12/21 14:00:24 UTC

"Too many open file issue"

Hi all,

When i search the segments generated using Nutch ,i get the "Too many open file"
error

I searched the mailing list and found to do merge segment and index to minimizing the number of segment used for searching.

But my doubt is Dont Nutch closes those file after every search ?
Do we have any other solution so  this error could be solved ?
Even if we reduce the segment or make the file handling size of OS large..there seems to be limit to the number of file opened.

Any help is greatly appreciated
regards
-Hussain

Re: "Too many open file issue"

Posted by Andy Liu <an...@gmail.com>.
Once segment files are opened by Nutch, they are not closed.

If you're using Linux, you can raise per-process file handle limits by using
ulimit , i.e. ulimit -n 10000

Andy

Re: "Too many open file issue"

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.