Posted to users@camel.apache.org by fclose <fr...@closebase.com> on 2013/03/01 12:12:53 UTC

smpp datacoding - alphabet at endpoint level not taken into account

Hello,

This, week I have been struggling with the sending of sms with special
(french) characters.

On the initial tests I did I was setting the dataCoding / alphabet (= 8
UCS2) as URI options of the endpoint.
This didn't work.

When I set the alphabet to UCS2 as a Producer Message Header and encoding =
UTF-16BE as URI options,   then it works :-)

I'm using camel 2.10.3, and a spring based endpoint configuration for the
endpoint.

I'm wondering why setting the alphabet as a URI option is not taken into
account ?
Final question why is not possible to set the encoding as a producer message
headers ?

--Fred

Re: smpp datacoding - alphabet at endpoint level not taken into account

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Fred!

Please find my comments inline.

Best,
Christian

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:12 PM, fclose <fr...@closebase.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This, week I have been struggling with the sending of sms with special
> (french) characters.
>
> On the initial tests I did I was setting the dataCoding / alphabet (= 8
> UCS2) as URI options of the endpoint.
> This didn't work.

What do exactly mean with "This didn't work"? Can you provide a unit test
which express your expected behavior?

> When I set the alphabet to UCS2 as a Producer Message Header and encoding =
> UTF-16BE as URI options,   then it works :-)
>
> I'm using camel 2.10.3, and a spring based endpoint configuration for the
> endpoint.
>

> I'm wondering why setting the alphabet as a URI option is not taken into
> account ?

It is. Have a look at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-smpp/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/smpp/SmppSubmitSmCommand.java->
check createSubmitSmTemplate()
and also
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-smpp/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/smpp/SmppSmCommand.java->
getShortMessage()
Feel free to comment if you think there is something wrong with it.

> Final question why is not possible to set the encoding as a producer
> message
> headers ?

I think while until now nobody had the need...