Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org> on 2006/01/28 21:41:49 UTC

[vote] maven2 eclipse plugin 2.1 release

I would like to release a new version of the maven 2 eclipse plugin.

The main enhancement is the support for WTP 1.x (release 2.0 ony had
support for WTP R7).

The plugin will require WTP 1.0.1, which will be released in february,
or a recent I/M build (WTP 1.0 has a bug which prevents external
dependencies from work). I would also like to release it and to
publish updated documentation in order to help users which are
unsuccessfully trying to figure out how to make it work with 1.0...

The full list of fixes and enhancements can be find here:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?pid=11133&fixfor=12172

Vote is open for 72h, +1 from me

fabrizio

Re: [vote] maven2 eclipse plugin 2.1 release

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org>.
PMC: +4 (Arnaud, Emmanual, John, Lukas)
Committers: +4 (Vincent S, Stephane, Mike, me)

I will release the plugin during the weekend.

About John's comments:
> so, we're going to state a dependency on which version of WTP? Or is
> this included in the Eclipse part (we don't need to worry about it in
> the POM)?

The new release will support both WTP R7 and 1.0, and the version is
specified by using the -Dwtpversion command line parameter.
Unfortunately the 1.0 release of WTP is broken and it simply ignores
any dependency that doesn't reside in the eclipse workspace (and so
libraries in the maven repo)... that's not a change, but a plain bug
that has not been fixed in time for the 1.0 release. All we can
suggest to users is to grab a more recent build where this problem has
been fixed.

> If we have to state a dependency on it, will it be better to wait until
>the fix is released?
I waited till a stable integration build with the fix was released:
it's not 1.0.1 yet, but it's working... lots of users are having
headaches trying to make maven work with wtp 1.0 so it's better to not
to wait anymore.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
+1

Emmanuel

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
+1

Lukas

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
+1

Alex

Re: [vote] maven2 eclipse plugin 2.1 release

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Vincent

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On 1/28/06, Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@apache.org> wrote:
> I would like to release a new version of the maven 2 eclipse plugin.
>
> The main enhancement is the support for WTP 1.x (release 2.0 ony had
> support for WTP R7).
>
> The plugin will require WTP 1.0.1, which will be released in february,
> or a recent I/M build (WTP 1.0 has a bug which prevents external
> dependencies from work). I would also like to release it and to
> publish updated documentation in order to help users which are
> unsuccessfully trying to figure out how to make it work with 1.0...
>
> The full list of fixes and enhancements can be find here:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?pid=11133&fixfor=12172
>
> Vote is open for 72h, +1 from me
>
> fabrizio

.::You're welcome ::.

Re: [vote] maven2 eclipse plugin 2.1 release

Posted by John Casey <jd...@yahoo.com>.
so, we're going to state a dependency on which version of WTP? Or is
this included in the Eclipse part (we don't need to worry about it in
the POM)?

If we have to state a dependency on it, will it be better to wait until
the fix is released?

Otherwise, I'm +1.

-john

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.