Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dan Renyolds <so...@live.ca> on 2007/11/15 23:35:26 UTC

Tomcat install Connector help.

Hi, I am trying to install solr on tomcat and am wondering which connector to
best to use in the server.xml?

I currently have the following connector setup in tomcat but I am not sure
if this is the best one to use? Any help would be great.

<Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool"
               port="8983" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               URIEncoding="UTF-8" />

Dan.

Re: Tomcat install Connector help.

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Hi, I am trying to install solr on tomcat and am wondering which connector to
: best to use in the server.xml?

it depends a lot more on your use cases then on any thing specific to solr
... how ong do you want your commection timeouts to be? how big do you
want the max POST size to be? do you want the responses to be compressed?
do you want to use keep alive? do you want to use SSL? etc...

-Hoss