Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com> on 2020/12/10 18:33:09 UTC

Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

I made the mistake of installing Catalina on my Mac which apparently doesn't
support Flashbuilder 4.7. So I'm in the process of downgrading to Mojave but
I can't find the installer anywhere. It used to be in my Creative Cloud but
it seems that Adobe has removed that and made AIR 32 the only SDK
downloadable. Does anyone know where I can download Flashbuild 4.7 for Mac?
Thanks

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
Well I fixed this by sticking with English. I hadn't localized much anyway
and since I'm slowly working toward a web version, simplify is my new motto.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
I have things working in Intellj with the exception of the following error
when trying to package where I run into the following error.

Files
"/Users/johnhall/IdeaProjects/DiamondScheduler/src/l10n/locale/en_US/mx_rb.swc"
and
"/Users/johnhall/IdeaProjects/DiamondScheduler/src/l10n/locale/fr_FR/mx_rb.swc"
have conflicting package paths:
/Users/johnhall/IdeaProjects/DiamondScheduler/src/l10n/locale/fr_FR/mx_rb

Compiler options in FB are:

-source-path+=l10n/locale/{locale}
-locale=en_US,fr_FR,es_ES

And the app runs fine in the IDE. It only occurs when trying to package with
captive runtime.

Any suggestions?

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
I found VS Code quite easy to get up and running with that extension. It
recognized the project and imported great. And it runs/debugs fine. Now to
learn to save with captive runtime on Mac using VS. Getting there.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
I THINK I have AIR 32 working now. Just had to figure out that I needed to
overlay the 32 SDK over the Flex framework. But thank you so much for the
offer. I appreciate this list.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Scott Matheson <sc...@matheson.it>.
I think I may have a copy of 4.6 on an old time machine I would need to have a look,  you would need a key

I made the move to IJ like everyone else and after a few days I was fine

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
Is there a site where one can download Adobe AIR SDK Version 30 or 31?

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
Thank you both for the encouragement. At least I don't have to downgrade my
OS to get things working again. I appreciate the input and slightly less
depressed about the road ahead.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Cean Perkins <ce...@gmail.com>.
I made the switch to VSCode using the very excellent actionscript & MXML extension by Josh Tynjala ... and haven’t looked back. I highly recommend it.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Christian Kostenzer <ch...@kostenzer.net>.
stepping into IntelliJ is a bit uncomfortable, but after 2-3 days its working like a charm. Ask Dr. Google or search on the website of Jetbrains. There you can find a lot of Tutorials.
When you are in trouble of finding any components of the Flex SDK, you should have a look in the settings for setting up the IDE, especially activating/installing the module for Actionscript. The next step should be telling your project where to find the SDK (similar to Flashbuilder). You can find it under „File => Project Structure“.

Kind regards

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Scott Matheson <sc...@matheson.it>.
I have been using IntelliJ for the past 5 years as a paid account and had no issue, maybe your working in a different area if the product set

Sent from my iPad

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by "Paulus de B." <w....@knollenstein.com>.
We've been using IntelliJ for a couple of years now for Flex/AIR Windows/Mac
app development in a very large project without any real issues. I did have
to up the heap because of the size of the project, but for rest runs fine.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Tucsonjhall <Jh...@cactusware.com>.
Well, I'm sure the complexity of the project has a bearing on the outcome.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by After24 <vi...@after24.net>.
Hi,

Intellij IDEA works perfectly for us and is way more stable than Flash
Builder was (our applications contains thousands of mxlm views and .as
classes)

Vincent.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by hn...@vservu.de.
I only have about 60 views, and for more than 2 years had no issues with
intelliJ at all!

The ones I had before could be quickly solved by the (very reactive)
support team.
And more than 50% of the cases had been a problem/misunderstanding on my
side!

It's a very reliable, comprehensive IDE and a big help!

I'm still on Flex because I use it with AIR and AS3 as desktop APP for
Windows and macOS.

I considered moving to Visual Studio Code (making use of  Josh Tynjal's
extension for ActionScript and Mxml). Also because of HTM and Royale in
mind.

But besides some tests I never did any serious work with other IDEs. I
did not see the need and eventually gave up that idea.

For HTML, after FLASH was killed, I'm using pure JS at the moment,  and
play with Vue. But did not make any decision when to leave the Flex way.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by Blake McBride <bl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Re: Flashbuilder 4.7 for Mac

Posted by "jan.weber" <Ja...@dallmeier.com>.
Actually, I can not find anything which does *not *work in IntelliJ regarding
Flex development.
IntelliJ is far superior in every aspect and I somehow would assume that you
have configured/set something in an incorrect way. Please elaborate on what
errors you have experienced.

-----
Jan F. Weber,
AIR/Flex Developer @ SeMSy 5 Front-End Team, Dallmeier electronic (www.dallmeier.com)