Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/21 04:31:43 UTC

[DISCUSSION] download whiteboard as png

Hello All,

Recently Daniel Asher find out download whiteboard as png is not
working for huge white board
(10MB is huge :)) [1]

This seems to be sort of browser limitation, there is no error or
whatever, download just silently fail for big white boards

What I propose is to change the behavior of 'Download as PNG' as follows:
when "Download as PNG" is clicked
1) image is being prepared on the client
2) small dialog with scaled image and text 'Please right click the
image and choose "Save as"' is displayed to the user

WDYT?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-2018

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [DISCUSSION] download whiteboard as png

Posted by Alvaro <zu...@gmail.com>.
Ok with you

Re: auto recording -audio only!

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stefan,

auto-recording the room, and then automatic creation of audio file is
definitely possible :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

auto recording -audio only!

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 at 21:11, Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de> wrote:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> works well. Also for long wb-pages.
>
> Text will be editable over language tool?

sure, as always :)))

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
@All,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
The quality will not suffer

Posted by Daniel Ascher <ap...@aplustutoring.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks :))

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
ok.. now I got it... sorry for that...

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello All,

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hi there,

Posted by Stefan Kühl <st...@quatrekuehl.eu>.

Morning ;-)

Great, that should work fine.

Greetz

Stefan

Am 21.02.2019 05:31, schrieb Maxim Solodovnik:

> Hello All,
>
> Recently Daniel Asher find out download whiteboard as png is not
> working for huge white board
> (10MB is huge :)) [1 [1]]
>
> This seems to be sort of browser limitation, there is no error or
> whatever, download just silently fail for big white boards
>
> What I propose is to change the behavior of 'Download as PNG' as follows:
> when "Download as PNG" is clicked
> 1) image is being prepared on the client
> 2) small dialog with scaled image and text 'Please right click the
> image and choose "Save as"' is displayed to the user
>
> WDYT?
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-2018 [1]

Links:
------