Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net> on 2004/03/03 08:37:36 UTC

Preparing for a release

It looks like we are close to a release, so why don't we come up with a
list of what we want to wrap up before the release?  Here is what I'd
like to see for this release.

Already Done (I think):
SLSB, SFSB and BMP
WAR support including deployer
Connector (inbound and outbound)
EJB Security
Transaction (no logging)

Must Have:
EJB Deployer
EAR Deployer
Ability to run binary offline (needs schema repository)
Documentation on how to configure and deploy a war, ejb-jar and ear

Nice To Have:
Finish inbound JCA to MDB
Documentation on how to write, configure and deploy a GBean

I'm sure I've missed some...

-dain

/*************************
  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network
  *************************/

Re: Preparing for a release

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Nice To Have:
> Finish inbound JCA to MDB
> Documentation on how to write, configure and deploy a GBean

I don't want to rise the bar too high, but I think people expect to see
some tutorials about running widely known applications on Geronimo.
Thus, I'd vote for describing how to run PetStore on Geronimo as a
nice-to-have item.

> -dain

Jacek

Re: Preparing for a release

Posted by "Brendan W.McAdams" <bm...@sluggy.com>.
Speak to Jeremy; he has a parser put together.  I'm just browsing
through his code at the moment...

--
Brendan W. McAdams                | b.w.mcadams@themunicenter.com
Senior Applications Developer | W: (646) 375-1140 / M: (201)832-5140

Re: Preparing for a release

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.

Re: Preparing for a release

Posted by "Brendan W.McAdams" <bm...@sluggy.com>.
Sounds great ... I can help wherever needed; I'd be willing to take a
stab at some documentation (GBeans I could probably do if you like) if
nobody objects.

I have a pretty reasonable grasp of GBeans and if people are available
for questions I can bang things out fairly quickly.

Are we still looking at the Ides for release?

[offtopic...]
For the record, even though they aren't slated for this release, I have
the following on my plate which I'm slowly crawling along on; I figured
people might like to keep track fo what's outstanding from everyone:
1) Helping dain finish up logging services [add support for more
appenders, add support for java.logging.* and possibly other log
packages]
2) Look over EJB-QL code
3) Identity Definer code for CMPs
4) EJBTimerService.