Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by ej595 <ki...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/12/04 06:57:05 UTC

GMAP2 Event Listners.

Not sure of the best approach.
I have a list of Wicket Items (Dataview) with each plotted on a google map.
Each item has a marker point which is number, and ive attached a listener to
the GOverlay marker via ...

marker.addListener(GEvent.click, new GEventHandler()

Once the marker is clicked on the map, i open a info bubble show some basic
data about the item. What i would ALSO like to do is to add a listener to
the wicket Item so that as well as openening the info window, it also
highlights the item it relates to in the Item list. Maybe via some mouseover
attribute highlighting or something. Ive seen in on many common google map
enabled site, but cant see how its done in wicket.

So clicking the list item, highlights the map marker, and clicking (or
mouseover) on the marker, highlights the Item.

I hope ive explained this enough.

Re: GMAP2 Event Listners.

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
This is untested, but an idea... could you do something like:

    public void onEvent(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
        yourListItem.add(new SimpleAttributeModifier("class",
"highlighted"));
        target.add(yourListItem);
    }

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:57 PM, ej595 <ki...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Not sure of the best approach.
> I have a list of Wicket Items (Dataview) with each plotted on a google map.
> Each item has a marker point which is number, and ive attached a listener
> the GOverlay marker via ...
>
> marker.addListener(GEvent.click, new GEventHandler()
>
> Once the marker is clicked on the map, i open a info bubble show some basic
> data about the item. What i would ALSO like to do is to add a listener to
> the wicket Item so that as well as openening the info window, it also
> highlights the item it relates to in the Item list. Maybe via some
> mouseover
> attribute highlighting or something. Ive seen in on many common google map
> enabled site, but cant see how its done in wicket.
>
> So clicking the list item, highlights the map marker, and clicking (or
> mouseover) on the marker, highlights the Item.
>
> I hope ive explained this enough.

Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com