Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2012/12/11 20:29:07 UTC

[REPORT] Apache UIMA

Board report for Apache UIMA, for December 2012.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Releases:
Two releases since last report: the 2.4.0version of the
C++ base framwork, and the 2.4.0 version of the asynchronous scaleout.

Other Activity:
Two major contributions, uimaFIT and DUCC, were voted into the
sandbox.  One has just today filed the Software Grant, and the other
should shortly.

Bug fixes and improvements are actively being done to both
UIMA base SDK and UIMA-AS.  The TextMarker project
in the sandbox is getting close to its first release.

The Eclipse Update Site packaging was restructured to follow P2 conventions.
A vote is pending on this.

Some add-on components refreshed to update dependencies to newer levels (but not
yet released).

Community:
no changes

Issues:
No Board level issues at this time.

-Marshall Schor

Re: [REPORT] Apache UIMA

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
For the record:

I acknowledged this message on the board list, and included the release dates,
for reference, copied from our "News" section:

20 November 2012     Apache UIMA C++ SDK 2.4.0 released
15 November 2012     Apache UIMA Asynchronous Scaleout (UIMA-AS) 2.4.0 released

-Marshall

Re: [REPORT] Apache UIMA

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
Thank you for your report.