Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by me <me...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/02 17:13:13 UTC

Read custom field from db and index it

I'm trying to add custom field to ES index using Nutch + MongoDB + ES (I've
added the custom field values to the DB after the Nutch updateDB step in
order to be able to read thm during the index step). I've updated
webpage.avsc, generate WebPage source (ant generate-gora-src) and updated
gora-mongodb-mapping.xml for the new field. By doing that, I thought that
I'll see the new field in the WebPage instances, NutchDocument and also in
the index but unfortunately what happens is : - new field is present in
WebPage but has null value (I've checked in the DB, it has not null values)
- new field is not present on NutchDocument (I know that I can add it by
writing new plugin) - new field is not present in the index Do you have an
idea why new field is not read from the database to WebPage ? did I miss
some thing ?