Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2013/02/05 00:22:25 UTC

Solaris Builds: Moving trunk to GCC

Hi folks,

here's another announcement of changes in our build infrastructure.

We are currently on the point of moving our Solaris builds towards GCC, and
slowly phasing out Solaris Studio support from trunk.

The reasoning behind this is that many of the free Solaris (or Illumos)
distributions, as well as the the providers of binary packages for Solaris,
are doing the same. It's getting harder to get an up-to-date installation of
Solaris Studio for testing purposes, so that we developers can more easily
deal with the quirks of Solaris Studio. OTOH it's as easy as ever, if not
easier to get a Solaris installation with GCC, or even one built with GCC.

I expect the next few days to be a little bumpy for Solaris users who are
following trunk, until we have ironed out all build issues.

So long,

-- i