Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Tharindu Rusira <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/10 09:05:06 UTC

Edit CMS in anonymous mode

Hi all,
I'm new to Mahout CMS and I managed to access as an anonymous user. I
in content markup pages.

So how am I supposed to view the effect of changes I made? Basically I'm
asking whether it is possible to view my working copy as a separate
instance of Mahout website?

M.P. Tharindu Rusira Kumara

University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.
+94757033733
www.tharindu-rusira.blogspot.com

Re: Edit CMS in anonymous mode

Posted by "isabel@apache.org" <is...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 08:16:13AM -0800, Suneel Marthi wrote:
> How do I edit the new site. don't see login/edit links?

Please check

http://mahout.apache.org/developers/how-to-update-the-website.html

for more info. When editing, can you please also move the page above to a link that you would have found when you searched for it previously? ;)

Isabel

Re: Edit CMS in anonymous mode

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@yahoo.com>.

On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:08 AM, Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 05:31:25PM +0530, Tharindu Rusira wrote:
> Yes Sotiris, Only commitors are allowed to push changes to staging or
> production sites. As anonymous editors, all what we can do is submit
> patches with diff summary. This is what I have understood so far.

Jepp. To help with getting all committers familiar with CMS it would be great if for now you could post a brief notice to dev@ once you have made changes so these can be integrated in a more timely manner. If I don't see diff mails for the next few anonymous edits, I'll go and figure out why this is the case.

Isabel

Re: Edit CMS in anonymous mode

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tharindu Rusira <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Sotiris Salloumis <in...@eprice.gr> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I had similar issues, I did changes last week committed them as anonymous
> but the changes where never uploaded.

Yes Sotiris, Only commitors are allowed to push changes to staging or
production sites. As anonymous editors, all what we can do is submit
patches with diff summary. This is what I have understood so far.

> The tutorial at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcDZN3Lu6HA is for a
> non-anonymous user .

Thanks,