Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net> on 2006/07/02 02:13:58 UTC

Please remove all users from asf.osuosl.org

They are sending spam bounce messages based on spamassassin testing
this list.

===8<---

  users@spamassassin.apache.org
    SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
    host asf.osuosl.org [140.211.166.49]: 552 spam score (11.5) exceeded threshold
===8<---

That is VERY improper behavior. 1 - sending the bounces makes you a
joe-job site, 2 - people who antispam test this list are too dumb to
live on the list.

Putting the two together exceeds my "give them a break" level.
{^_^}

Re: Please remove all users from asf.osuosl.org

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>

> jdow wrote:
>> They are sending spam bounce messages based on spamassassin testing
>> this list.
>>
>> ===8<---
>> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
>>
>> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>>
>>  users@spamassassin.apache.org
>>    SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
>>    host asf.osuosl.org [140.211.166.49]: 552 spam score (11.5) exceeded
>> threshold
>> ===8<---
>>
>> That is VERY improper behavior. 1 - sending the bounces makes you a
>> joe-job site, 2 - people who antispam test this list are too dumb to
>> live on the list.
>>
>> Putting the two together exceeds my "give them a break" level.
>> {^_^}
>>

> Uh, you sure that wasn't a DSN from Earthlink?  asf.osuosl.org is the
> list's primary MX.  Anything that scores over 10 is rejected, not bounced.
>
> spamassassin.apache.org. 1800   IN      MX      10 asf.osuosl.org.
> spamassassin.apache.org. 1800   IN      MX      20 mail.apache.org.

Mightabeen - it had the entire message in it which was irritating,
especially if I don't givapimple if it got dropped on the floor or
not.

{o.o}

Re: Please remove all users from asf.osuosl.org

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
jdow wrote:
> They are sending spam bounce messages based on spamassassin testing
> this list.
>
> ===8<---

>  users@spamassassin.apache.org
>    SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data:
>    host asf.osuosl.org [140.211.166.49]: 552 spam score (11.5) exceeded
> threshold
> ===8<---
>
> That is VERY improper behavior. 1 - sending the bounces makes you a
> joe-job site, 2 - people who antispam test this list are too dumb to
> live on the list.
>
> Putting the two together exceeds my "give them a break" level.
> {^_^}

Uh, you sure that wasn't a DSN from Earthlink?  asf.osuosl.org is the
list's primary MX.  Anything that scores over 10 is rejected, not bounced.

spamassassin.apache.org. 1800   IN      MX      10 asf.osuosl.org.
spamassassin.apache.org. 1800   IN      MX      20 mail.apache.org.

Daryl