Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by xe...@maltanet.net on 2001/08/02 17:49:41 UTC

why include both dll and lib

Xerces C++ version number : 1_5_1
Platform : x86
Operating system and version number : win2k
Compiler and version number  : VC6 with latest service pack
The XML document (or excerpt) that failed : N/A
The C++ application code that failed : N/A
Whether you built the Xerces C++ library yourself or used the binary
distribution : distribution

What happened :
we are doing a project using your xml parser, but we are finding it strange
to have to include the library for compilation, and we also have to
distribute your DLL in order to make the app run. It doesn�t make much
sense to  statically link the library and also provide the dynamic link
library... are we missing something??

thank you for your help...

regards
neville

Don't just surf the Web ...di-ve right in!
Get the latest on the Maltese Islands at http://www.di-ve.com