Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Craig Gambino <cm...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/04 16:22:42 UTC

ASP.Net & Subversion

Hello,

I'm attempting to make an SVN client in ASP.NET C# using the SharpSVN
libraries as a wrapper.   I have successfully made this configuration work
with HTTP:// repositories.  However, SVN:// repositories cause it to hang.
As a test, I wrote a Winforms/Console application using the same exact code,
HTTP & SVN both worked, so it seems that it's limited to ASP.NET.  Both of
these were running on an x86 machine WinXP.

After a bit of debugging, it appears to hang in this spot:

svn_error_t* svn_atomic__init_once()
{
.
svn_atomic_t status =
svn_atomic_cas(global_status,SVN_ATOMIC_START_INIT,SVN_ATOMIC_UNINITIALIZED);
.
else while (status != SVN_ATOMIC_INITIALIZED)
{
.
// Stuck in this loop
      status =
svn_atomic_cas(global_status,SVN_ATOMIC_UNINITIALIZED,SVN_ATOMIC_UNINITIALIZED);
}

}

Does anyone know how the svn_atomic initialization works, and any possible
reasons why ASP.Net may be causing issues with this?

Thanks,
Craig