Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Samarendra Sahoo <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/14 09:20:57 UTC

Queries Nifi

Dear All - Fairly new to Nifi. We are trying to use Nifi for one of our
data migration use case from MS SQL to MS SQL server. Idea is to extend
Nifi for other ETL work along with this. Would like to know

1) What is stable version of Nifi which we can take? Seems 1.10.0 is the
version?
2) Reference to install Nifi without HDP in a clustered mode?
3) Any recommendation on cluster set-up/performance tuning which could give
a jump start

Thanks
Sam

Re: Queries Nifi

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

1) 1.10.0 would be fine, but you can also wait few days and use NiFi 1.11.2
which should be released soon.
2) You can find a lot of information on the internet depending on your
setup and requirements for authentication and authorization. The official
documentation is a good start [1]. You also have quite a lot of blog posts
available online.
3) If you start your journey with NiFi and don't have any idea of what
throughput you'll have to handle, I'd recommend to start small (Nodes with
8 cores / 8GB of RAM is already a great start) and get some experience.
You'll notice that NiFi is mostly I/O intensive > CPU intensive > Memory
intensive. It obviously depends on what you are doing. More details here.
[2]

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html
[2]
https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/HDF-NIFI-Best-practices-for-setting-up-a-high-performance/ta-p/244999