Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Mark Thornton <Ma...@gtl.com> on 2000/11/08 10:37:55 UTC

Problems with soap calculator demo

Hi!

I had similar problems - I got the SOAP Fault messages below.

Fault Code = SOAP-ENV:Server.BadTargetObjectURI
Fault String: Unable to load BSF: script services not
available without BSF: com.ibm.bsf.BSFManager

I've since downloaded bsf.jar and bsfengines.jar and added them to my
classpath, but to no avail.

Mark

Posted by Mullin Yu <mu...@softwareag.com>.
Hi,

    I'm new to SOAP with apache. I have installed apache and JServ before
for other applications, and now I want to test the Apache-SOAP right now. I
saw from the documentation that it needs Tomcat, instead of JServ.

    What're the differences between JServ and Tomcat? Can you use JServ in
replace of Tomcat in this case or co-exist on the same computer? What're the
practical steps that I can do to run the sample application provided?

    Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Mullin

Installation questions

Re: quotes demo/firewall

Posted by Ryo Neyama <ne...@trl.ibm.co.jp>.
From: "Scott C. Young" <sc...@nj.paradyne.com>
Subject: quotes demo/firewall
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 05:10:09 -0500

> assuming it's possible, what needs to be done to
> get the quotes demo to work within a firewall --
> what can be done to force a proxy to be used.
> scott

You need HTTP proxy or Socks proxy setting for the server-side Java
VM.  If you are using Tomcat as a servlet engine, you may set the
environment variable TOMCAT_OPTS as follows:

For HTTP Proxy:
    set TOMCAT_OPTS="-DProxyHost=your.proxy.server -DproxyPort=8080"
For Socks Proxy:
    set TOMCAT_OPTS="-DsocksProxyHost=your.socks.server -DsocksProxyPort=1080"

If you omit the port number, default port number will be used.

Regards,
    Ryo Neyama @ IBM Research, Tokyo Research Laboratory
    Internet Technology
    neyama@trl.ibm.co.jp

Re: quotes demo/firewall

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com>.
Depending on your firewall, you could masquerade your internal IP's so
that their requests can get outside and be returned safely.  A proxy
would pretty much do the same thing.  My understanding of the quotes
demo shouldn't require any special configuration as long as you can get
http requests out of your firewall and receive the response back.

--
David C. Hicks
Mach Turtle Technologies,  Inc. (www.machturtle.com)

Re: quotes demo/firewall

Posted by Ryo Neyama <ne...@trl.ibm.co.jp>.
From: "Scott C. Young" <sc...@nj.paradyne.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 05:10:09 -0500

Re: quotes demo/firewall

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com>.

quotes demo/firewall

quotes demo/firewall

Re: Problems with soap calculator demo

Posted by "Scott C. Young" <sc...@nj.paradyne.com>.
one suggestion is to check the following:
- classpath within tomcat
- classpath when the demo is run
- deployment within the admin client (deployed servicess)
e..g.
     urn:wsdl-broker
     urn:web-service-example
     urn:xmltoday-delayed-quotes